Migrate SQLPrompt Snippets to VSCode

 I love snippets; love em. And I have a whole bunch in RedGate SQL Prompt. Now I want to be able to use those in VSCode as well, but boy do I dread having to retype all of them. Solution? Python! First arg is the path where your SQLPrompt snippets are Second arg is the directory where you want it to spit out a "sql.json" file with all your snippets. """ A script to translate sqlprompt snippet files to vscode formatted snippets """ import os import json import glob import io import argparse class SQLPromptPlaceholder :     """Represents the values of a SQLPrompt placeholder"""     def __init__ ( self , name , default_value ):         self . name = name         self . default_value = default_value class SQLPromptSnippet :     """Represents the content of a SQLPrompt snippet"""     @ staticmethod     def from_file ( filename ):         """Generates an instance fr

SSIS File Access Denied in C# Script Task

 I had an SSIS package which, as its first step, needed to pull a list of files to process. I did that with a C# Script Task that did that with Directory.EnumerateFiles on a specific fileshare directory.

When I executed it locally (either through the Visual Studio project, or through DTEXEC on my local machine) it worked just fine. However when I deployed it to an SSIS Catalog, it would throw an error saying 

<Script Task name>: Error: Access to path "..." is denied

Same result if I executed it through an agent job on the server.

Turns out, I was able to execute it just fine if I were connected to the actual server the SQL Instance the SSIS Catalog runs on. Why does this happen? Hell if I know. But that's the way it is. 

For the agent job, it just need to be created as the SA (or an account with a lot of permissions), which my DBA could do.

So, if you can get permissions to temporarily log into your SQL box, you can at least verify it will work. Then, if you have your agent job created by an SA, it should run just fine. Pain in the butt, but at least you know your package will work under those circumstances.

There may also be some stuff you can do with a SSIS Proxy Account, but neither I nor my DBA really knew how to configure that. So this isn't necessarily a perfect solution, but I wanted to point out that if you see that error, try executing it from the SQL Instance box, and if you do it through an agent job, make sure the SA creates it and can run it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migrate SQLPrompt Snippets to VSCode

Fixing Git "Unexpected Disconnect while reading sideband packet"

Left-Padding Zeroes